My friend Becky and I took a long weekend trip to Vancouver that included camping in Golden Ears Provincial Park, enjoying the city and Micro-Brewery hopping. We decided to make a little music video of our trip (please enjoy our silliness!):
Golden Ears Park
We camped in Golden Ears Provincial Park - somewhere I'd love to go back to soon. On the way there we stopped at Capilano Suspension bridge. It's a beautiful place to take photos, but be aware, there are tons of tourists there too! I'd advise to go on a weekday.
We weren't sure what to expect at Golden Ears, so we car-camped then went hiking the next day. Only to find out that there are great pack-in sites too! (Next time!) The park offers everything from canoeing to horseback riding. There's also a ropes course nearby (Becky really wanted to do that - if only we had more time!). Slide show below:
Vancouver Micro Brews
We booked an Air BnB close to the East Village Neighborhood (where there are tons of really cute micro breweries). Becky is quite the beer enthusiast and I love tastings too. Our list of stops included:
- Doan's - Cute artwork and great brews
- Storm Brewing - Vancouver's oldest mirco-brewery
- Parallel 49 - seemed to be a very popular after-work scene
- 33 Acres - cute atmosphere and great snacks!
- Postmark - If you love Kombucha - they have a hybrid "Blondebucha" (beer+kombucha both brewed in-house). Also - their brunch is AMAZING!
- Black Kettle - Great Hospitality! The head brewer gave us to beers 'to go' on the house!
Here are some more random photos from exploring around the city. If you're in the PNW, Vancouver is a must to visit :)